Sunday, April 14, 2013

You SOB's are pushing me to the edge.

In conversations I find myself talking to people who would like their songs played on the radio. One of the more interesting answers I get when I ask, “Who does it sound like?” is “It’s unlike anybody else,” which lets me know they suck because even “originality” has been done.

I ask that question to get a reference.  At least narrow your sound to a genre. I need a category, a place, a starting point. 

Everything has been done, “they say,” and of course someone can surprise you through their voice musically or their words printed on a page but being shocked in this day and age seems to be what "they" want, and with plenty people now shocking just to be noticed, in all aspects of media, all things “edgy” is a whole new genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment