Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Moonlight Down South

The moon was the closest I’d ever seen and its light cascading off the water toward my wife and I seemed only for us, the Gulf Coast’s breeze making us wish for more days but romanticism comes to an end when a couple has other commitments. With my right arm gently wrapped around her newly tanned shoulder I said, “This is nice, a great way to end a lovely Memorial Day weekend.”
“Yes, it was nice. I’m so glad we got to spend some time together.”
“I wish it would never end,” I sighed.
“Well, it’s not over yet.” She said with a sly grin. “We still have tonight all to ourselves.”
“So, what would you like to do?” I asked, prodding to get her to say more.
“Are you kidding? We’re down south in Mississippi. I want to go to hog heaven.”
“Oh, I’m gonna take you to hog heaven. I’m going to take you to hog heaven and back.”
She must have noticed the twinkle in my eye.
“No, you idiot. I mean Hog Heaven, the restaurant next to the hotel.”
“Oh… yea, sure honey. I’d love some barbeque."
“I love you."
“I love you, too, Pookie.”           

2 comments:

  1. Marriage! Its really all about having someone to share the freaky with.

    .....dhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is and the barbeque rump roast was delicious.

    ReplyDelete