Saturday, June 15, 2013

Dad 2013


Dear ole’ dad I’ll never forget
The day you taught me how to drive.
And the way you put your foot
Right through the passenger side.

I’ll never forget the talk we had
About the birds and bees.
And that a girl can’t be with child
If she stays on her knees.

In high school you said I can go
From here to eternity.
And you didn’t get mad, when at college
I majored in fraternity.

The day I wed you gave advice,
"Love through thick and thin.
It won’t be easy, even queasy
But in the end you’ll win.”

The morning that my child was born
We cried and hugged so tight.
Eyes of blue now sparkle and
Look back with your bright light.

I’m middle aged now dad, I’m scared.
I don’t know what to do.
My life has changed so much
And I’m only half way through.
Please send a message, let me know
Help me find my way.
Wait…that cloud…it smiled at me,
Thanks dad, I’ll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment